Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Burks has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael L Burks has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael L Burks has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael L Burks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to this guy. His staff is horrible! The office manager is his daughter, and she doesn't know how to relate to people. She is just concerned about the money! If you want a copy of your records sent to another doctor, be prepared to lose an arm, leg and eyeball because you have to pay for that! And if you have a question, you will never get a call back, so you have to page him through the hospital. It used to be a nice place to go before his entire staff quit. They were always nice and would get things done. Now, that place sucks!!
Dr. Burks has been my physician for 23 years. I went to him because I was past 40 and had a high risk pregnancy. Since then, my three daughters became patients and they also think he is terrific. Fifteen years ago he delivered my granddaughter and 4 months ago, he delivered my grandson. In all these years, he has solved some serious problems. He's not just a doctor, but a very intelligent scientist, that keeps carefully up-to date on the latest findings, and knows how to carefully explain things so a layperson can understand. He is very honest and extremely hardworking. I never take the time to write reviews, but this is a very exceptional doctor that deserves better recognition. If you are concerned about your health, this is your guy. If you are only concerned about timing, you have failed to notice that he is spending that time helping others in the same manner that he will help you. With all the hundreds of babies he delivers each year, the long office waits have been few and far between.
I wanted a doctor who was supportive of a VBAC. Dr. Burks whole heartedly supported my decision to have a VBAC, even after having two cesareans. He has delivered so many babies, he was completely at ease and confident when I delivered my baby naturally after two cesareans. He is not a part of a large group of doctors. If he is your doctor he will be delivering your baby. He also has a great bedside manner. I was extremely happy with him.
Great bedside manner, but always have an hour or more wait for an appointment. Office staff unfriendly and the doctor had a lot of meetings and was unavailable when I needed him. Tough time with follow up and prescriptions and other needs. Overall I am glad I decided to go with a different practioner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Michael L Burks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Burks in this video.
Dr. Michael L Burks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.