Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Burnstine has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Orbital Cancer
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
All encounters with Dr M. Burnstine and staff has been outstanding. With every encounter you know there will not be any surprises about the procedures, treatment or billing from first appointment to the first pre-op visit. The Ophthalmologist that referred me to Dr Burstine said he is best in the business for the type of surgery that I had. And, OH is he right.
I was diagnosed with Bells Palsey when I was 22 which left the right side of my face to droop. I had shock treatments but they predicted that as I got older, the muscle tone of the right eye lid would deteriorate to permanent closure. There was no surgery or cure. In my fifties I was referred to Dr. Burnstine. He took the approach of slowing down the gravitational pull on the right side to match the left side by injecting Botox into my right eye lid. It allowed me to frame a smile for the first time in years. I used to hide my face from any camera but now I don't ruin the picture. Having injections every few months, not slurring a word, not having to manually lift my right lid to read, not turning my head when I'm introduced is a miracle even if a cure is never found. I thank you, Dr. Burnstine, for your patience in trying different methods, building my confidence, teaching me it's ok to laugh and offering councel for my nonphysical slipping. Sue Mahlmann
32 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Michael A Burnstine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Burnstine in this video.
Dr. Michael A Burnstine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.