Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Butman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael A Butman has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michael A Butman has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Michael A Butman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I told him I wanted to get a second opinion and he said flatly,"NO". So I moved on to another doctor. It's too bad for I know he is an excellent doctor, he just needs some manners and respect for others .
My family has been seeing Dr. Butman for the past couple of years. Have never had a problem making an appointment, never a long wait, very efficient staff. Dr. Butman's appearance is not that of a typical doctor, but is caring and listens. May be a little cautious with diagnosis, treatment or test ordering but I would rather this than overly-aggressive.
Dr. Butman is not a Dr. for everyone. He is a very large man with long hair and he looks dirty at first glance. his bedside manner is very abrupt and he doesn't coddle his patients. I have been seeing him for several years and will continue to do so. If however you in need of care for something more serious then a cold, you should consider someone else!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Butman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Saginaw Cooperative Hospital
Dr. Michael A Butman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrankenmuth Family Care, 600 N Main St Ste 210, Frankenmuth, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Butman in this video.
Dr. Michael A Butman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frankenmuth, MI.