Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael C Durkin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
12 days ago (Oct. 28th 2015) Dr. Durkin performed partial knee replacement for me. I am so glad because I could walk 5 hours after the operation in my room. The class to prepare me was the best ever. I practiced the excercises 9 days ahead of time, therefore, I knew by heart what to do. Already 3 days after surgery, I could walk and graduate from the walker to a cane. Honestly, it is a miracle and I only wish that I had this done earlier. This is the 3rd time that I had an operation on this knee. I could not walk up or down any more and was miserable. The colorful booklet, developed by Dr. Durkin's Orthopedic Nurse Navigator, Pam Pam Falotico, MS, RN, CAPA helped me to learn every possible detail about excercises, rehabilitation places, and how to be ready for the procedure. Before surgery, I practiced the excercises for hours, and therefore knew what to practice after surgery. I am recovering well. Today, I had my 3rd physical therapy session. I can recommend Dr. Durkin and his team to the highest. I give them all the stars in the world. Thank you Dr. Durkin and thank you for your team at Hinsdale Orthoepedics and the staff at Hinsdale Hospital.
I felt that I was not informed of other options besides surgery and if the surgery would benifit me.I went for a second visit because I was feeling better and wanted more information about the success rate.He told me"no one had a gun to my head to make me have the surgery".I have been in the medical field for 40 plus years and have never heard a physician use that phrase. And I was his first patient of the day. The wait of 35min was my first visit
The doctors here are great! They are the ONLY reason I put up with the drama.The front end of this practice is the WORST I have ever had to deal with in my life. This includes college heath services, the free VD clinic and the City of Chicago clinic system.Phone calls don't get returned. Only once have I been seen in a timely many - do not be surprised to have cumulative wait times of well over an hour. I have been "rescheduled" only twice. The kicker was the person who schedules surgery completely dropped the ball. I went to the hospital for pre-op blood work and some test and they had no idea who I was. NOTHING had been called in - test, surgery - nothing. Went directly to the office find out what was going on. Was told everything would be taken care of and one of two people would get back to me when everything was taken care of. Of course no one called me back. When the hospital called wanting to know if I wished to pay for my surgery in advance I figured I was in the system.Obamacare can't be worse than this...
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Durkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Michael C Durkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHinsdale Orthopaedics, 550 W Ogden Ave Ste 220, Hinsdale, IL
Dr. Michael C Durkin is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Hinsdale, IL.