Dr. Michael C Gunn Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michael C Gunn?

Patient Care

My review will have a certain bias, but I will say to all that have negative reviews: Your comments have been taken under advisement. While the wait time can be a little long, patient care is not shortchanged. Sometimes a patient does not like what a doctor may tell them about their care, that's no reason to go out and bad mouth the physician. You may simply disagree, and move on. Just remember YOUR medical degree from Facebook, Google and WebMD cannot be substituted for over 15 years of training and 25+ years of experience in delivering good healthcare to over 10,000 moms and babies in the Nashville area. Social Media has given people the idea that is okay to bad mouth people without any consequences.... At Dr. Gunn's office we strive to give the best care and we want the best outcome for ALL of our patients...

I called my regular ob at 31 weeks with contractions and back labor, Dr.Gunn was on call so I spoke with him instead of my normal dr. He proceeds to tell me there is no such thing as back labor and if i feel like I am in labor go to the er because i dont want my baby to just fall out. I was shocked then he says i cant tell you if your in labor over the phone so you decide to come in or not. He is absolutely rude. Stay away ladies i will never let this man deliver my daughter, even if he is the dr on call

DONT GO TO THIS DOCTOR

In 1992 Dr. Gun delivered me so I was excited to have him be my obgyn and deliver my baby...until I actually met the complete jerk!! He was extremely rude as soon as he walked through the door he never once shook my hand or introduced himself or even cared to ask me my name. I called and made an apt to hear a heart beat and was told on the phone that's what my apt would be for so I arrive wait two hours for a tech to take my vitals and put me in a room and tells me to get completely undressed I didn't say no assuming it was for the heart beat after a third hour Dr. Gun came in my room and he and his nurse were just awful. He started by saying he had rules to being my doctor and told me before he did anything he would tell me he has me lay down flat(he told me too) then he proceeds to grab my breast WITHOUT TELLING ME HE WAS then starts pushing on my stomach hard and when I said oww! He called me a weenie and told me to toughen up bc I'm pregnant and then his nurse looks at me and said legs up! Really for what??? He said he was gonna feel my uterus to see how far along I am then proceeded to insert a speculum inside me WITHOUT TELLING ME HE WAS then I realized I was having a pap smeer that I didn't ask for and wasn't informed ever that's what I was gonna be seen for or have done to me and then worst of all the doctor lied and said oh I'll tell you before I do anything releases the speculum off my cervix and starts pulling it out without telling me so the immediate pain had me tense up and start crying and I asked why he didn't tell me he was gonna take it out he just said look I can't help it if your too sensitive there's nothing I can do about people who are too sensitive!!! Excuse me you are the worst Doctor ever he has no bedside manner he is a rude person and if I could go back I would throat punch his nurse for making hateful comments under her breath during my exam!!!! Ladies never go see this awful man!!

Dr. Gunn is an experienced OB/GYN

Upon the necessity of a hysterectomy I was referred to Dr. Gunn who actually delivered my only child 20 years prior. He is definitely going to tell you the truth with no chaser. He is not going to sugar coat the facts and is just a shoot from the hip old school dude. The wait times in his office are excruciating and literally almost unbearable, but I outweigh this with his experience and Id rather him to be the one cutting this intruder out of my uterus because of the number of hysterectomies he has performed. So it does come down to what you need as a patient; I need his experience and I appreciated his brutal honesty with such a serious surgery. Dr. Gunn took the time to make sure I understood and answered my questions and concerns, BUT yes OMG the wait times are horrible 20 years later!!!!

dr gunn was my doctor for the beginning of my pregnancy. He was nice but his staff was rude and not helpful at all. Every appt was a total of about 3 hours. There were so many people in the waiting room there was hardly ever a place to sit and it was a pretty big waiting room. I found a much better obgyn and when that office was trying to get my records after I signed a release They kept refusing to send them over for weeks and after numerous attempts. DO NOT WASTE Your TIME!!!!! There are much better doctors with a wonderful staff in the nashville area that will make you have a much better experience!!!

A Caring Professional

Today was my very first time to seen as Dr. Michael Gunn's patient. And I must say...Dr. Gunn made my 1st time experience with him to be one that was very comfortable and easy. He was gentle, careful, considerate, and informative throughout the whole pap and examination process. The staff is courteous and polite. Dr Gunn shoots straight from the hip but he does it in a caring, compassionate, and CONSTRUCTIVE manner.

Great doctor all around

I have been going to Dr.Gunn since 1992 off and on. He has delivered 2 of my children and will be there to deliver the one I'm carrying now if gods willing. He has never been rough with me. He has always been very blunt and honest. I'm very thankful for that. Most doctors beat around the bush. He is a wonderful doctor and his staff is great. I love the fact that I go in and still see his same MA there since before I started going to him along with the same receptionist. The wait maybe a little long at times. But what can you say if he has to run and deliver a baby. He's a OB doctor that's his job.

AWFUL

Dr. Gunn was rude, condescending and very rough during the exam. Both pap smear and breast exam where excruciatingly painful because he was so rough with me. When I asked him to stop because he was hurting me so badly (I was in tears!), he wouldn't stop and then he proceeded to insult me for being "too sensitive." I literally felt like I was sexually violated by Dr. Gunn. He 's a terriable Dr.Ladies, do yourself a favor and do NOT go to this doctor.

Excellent care

Dr. Gunn is an excellent doctor. Very good In explaining everything. yes he is busy, but he takes good care of his patients. Every patient is given his undivided attention. In just come prepared to wait.

He was TERRIBLE! I waited over an hour at each appointment, I was nervous about getting a papsmear he told me "You think you're grown enough to have a baby, you should be grown enough to get a papsmear!" ( I was 20 and married at the time).He was heavy handed and rough. He was rude and on top of that, I almost had to deliver the baby with a Nurse because we were WAITING FOR HIM! She even told me to stop pushing because the baby was about to come out!!! Other posters were right, this was an awful experience that has traumatized me from seeing a male doctor ever again!