Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael C Kim
Dr. Michael C Kim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Vancouver, WA, with other offices in Vancouver, WA and Vancouver, WA . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Kim is affiliated with PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael C Kim has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Exam
- Preventive Medicine
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I am new to Dr. Kim's care and he has given me more information about the condition of my eyes are in and why. Knowledge is confording even if it's not what I wanted to hear. His explanations as to why I have my condition and going forward what can be done to improve them is everything I needed to hear. Dr. Kim takes time with his patients, so I practice my patience as he's well worth the wait. Sincerely, Sylvia
Dr. Kim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Michael C Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael C Kim in this video.
Dr. Michael C Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.