Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael C Wong has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael C Wong has the following 15 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
Dr. Michael C Wong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 52
I have been going to Dr. Wong for about 30 years, I like him a lot that's why I keep going back. His front desk staff is the worst though, especially Natalie. I called and asked a question and she could never give me a straight answer. Then she gets a attitude, and when you raise your voice she tells you to calm down after she provokes it. I wish Dr. Wong would put his staff through a patient training program, because obviously by reading all these complaints his office staff has issues. My complaint will probably go unresolved, but come on Dr. Wong your reputation should mean something, please invest in your staff it will help your overall business.
I've only seen Dr Wong twice out of the 3 times I did have appts. There. Dr. Wong Seemed To Rush Through my appts. Every time I did see him..his staff is rude especially the front desk person.. I came in on my 18wk check up and I was having some insurance issues but every office I had been to before would let me see the doctor and my insurance would would go back and help me with visits that I didn't have my insurance...well not the case at Dr. Wongs Office.. Since I didn't have updated insurance and I didn't have $100 to see the Dr. They turned me away just like that... NEGLECT!!! I only went with dr Wong becuase he was close to my home...this is my 3rd child and I have never been treated like this before... I will just stick with my original Dr. This place is horrible. The staff is horrible. they have the smallest waiting room.. Overall I will never recommend family or friends to go here..
This is my first pregnancy, and since I had just been qualified for medical at 4 months, I settled for Dr. Wong. Now I'm 9 months, and learned he's very busy, doesn't spend a whole lot of time with you unless you take initiative and ask questions or show concern. He's quick to move on to the next patient, so you need to be stern. That being said, he answers all of my questions and seems knowledgeable. I've never had an issue with his staff, most of the time they're sweet to me. Although I wish I could understand what they're saying. My appointments were scheduled 2 weeks apart, up until my third trimester, when he started scheduling me 1 week apart visits. He really started paying attention to me during my last trimester. The wait time depends on how many people were scheduled that day, and if you're on time for your own appointment. I'm usually early, then I get to see him early. The appointments are quick, but waiting for the Doctor might take a while depending on how many patients he's tackling. I don't blame him, I know he's busy. Overall, fair.
First of all beware of the rude unprofessional staff specially Maria! After multiple calls trying to schedule an appt I finally got one. Got there over 30 mins early and still had to wait over an hour to be seen by the Dr. I had cancel the appt early on the day because I knew the procedure I needed wasn't covered by my insurance. Staff Maria called insisting for me to come in because "Dr was gonna diagnose me with something else to code it different to have my insurance pay for it"! It was a LIE!! I mentioned to my husband that i felt they just wanted us to come in to charge my insurance for a consultation and sure enough I should of have followed my gut. After waiting over one hour to see the Dr, Dr had no clue why we were there and started explaining the cost as "cash". When we explained to him tht we were there because his staff said he could code it different he said that was absolutely impossible ..... What kind of Dr is he and what kind of staff he hired that lie to patients to steal money from insurances !!!! Beware !!!!! Also all their equipment is as old as I have never seen in a dr's office.
My baby came out with two abnormalities , and every visit he said everything is going good. His staff was very rude. One of our friends went to Dr.wong too, and he didn't know she was having twins after seeing her for almost 5 months, and she ended up losing her twins. Knowing how much doctors earn and knowing he's been in practice for a long time, I wonder if his effort is still there after reaching the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Unless he improves, I would caution expecting mothers about going to Dr. Wong.
Dr. Wong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Michael C Wong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHystersisters, 4282 Genesee Ave Ste 201, San Diego, CA
Dr. Michael C Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.