Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael C Young has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Michael C Young has the following 13 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
Dr. Michael C Young is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 30
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael C Young - Posted on September 28th, 2016
Does a very good job answering questions and giving explanations. Definitely knows his stuff. Highly regarded in the medical field. Only possible downside is that he's not a warm and fuzzy kind of guy...he's a straight-forward professional. Pleasant and informative but not overly personable, not someone who gets to know you in a more personal way or who spends time chit chatting...which is fine. I'd want more warmth, smiles and personableness from my PCP but definitely not an issue for me in this capacity.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael C Young - Posted on June 7th, 2016
Horrific bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael C Young - Posted on June 6th, 2016
FANTASTIC DOCTOR :)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael C Young - Posted on May 12th, 2011
I would definetly recomend Dr.Young,I have severe allergies and went to other allergist before finding him and they didn't give me a thorough test as he did and was quick to find out what my allergies are. I feel he is very professional/knowledgeable,he's a great person/doctor.Thumbs up for him!:)
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Michael C Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH SHORE ALLERGY & ASTHMA SPECIALISTS PC, 851 Main St Ste 21, South Weymouth, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael C Young, MD - Allergy and Immunology in South Weymouth, MA, in this video.
Dr. Michael C Young is similar to the following 4 Doctors near South Weymouth, MA.