Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael C Young has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Young and his staff. However, take snacks and water because you will be waiting 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Even if there are few patients, you will sit in the waiting room an hour, taken to an exam room for another hour wait and if you go to the lab or any other exam room, expect to wait another hour.
I would recommend Dr. Young to anyone who is looking for a family physician. He has been treating myself, my wife, and two of our children for years with no complaints from any of us. Sometimes you may be sitting in the waiting room longer than you'd expect, but that is because he is extremely thorough. When he takes extra time with you, you understand that he spends a lot of time with ALL his patients, making sure he understands their ailments. I personally like this in a Doctor. We've all been to the offices that herd you in and out like cattle to hurry up and shove the next patient through.
44 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Hospital Of Arkansas
Locations & DirectionsPrescott Family Clinic Inc, 322 Hale Ave, Prescott, AR
Dr. Michael C Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prescott, AR.