Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael D Calabrese
Dr. Michael D Calabrese, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Calabrese is affiliated with Sisters Of Charity Hospital. Dr. Calabrese has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael D Calabrese has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Calabrese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1972
Sisters Of Charity Hospital
Dr. Michael D Calabrese accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLuna Medical Care, 656 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Michael D Calabrese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.