Dr. Michael A Campanelli Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael A Campanelli?

Life changing

After a year and a half I have gotten a proper diagnosis. I ended up having piriformis syndrome and was reluctant to believe it, as everyone was saying bulging disks; but it was so slight and the pain was not where it should be. So I did my PT and then went to Dr Shatish for injection in the piriformis muscle. Therapy was actually helping. especially the water therapy. Then the 1st muscle injection changed my life. I was able to engage the muscle and actually get back to dancing West Coast Swing again, which is the only thing I cared about, other than the pain. Between these 2 Doctors, my I am starting to get my life back again.

Surgery outcome

Saved my life!

An excellent Neurological Surgeon. Removed a massive (benign) tumor from my brain. The size of the tumor had pushed my brain out of place and had pretty much shut down my mental faculties. Unfortunately, Dr. Campenelli had to wait a week before operating because I also had pneumonia, but God and the hospital staff supported my needs till that issue was treated completely. I came through the operation well and do not recall the first couple of weeks of recovery except for a few memories, but enough so that I did not recall any real pain or discomfort during that time. I must also compliment Dr. Campenelli's assistant, Melissa. She was as professional and supportive as he was. Definitely an excellent team.

Best decision-Best surgeon

Choosing Dr.Campanelli was the BEST decision I've made. I saw him almost 2 years before having surgery & I took comfort in the fact that he didn't recommend surgery until it was absolutely needed. I also learned through other patients that he will not operate if you are not physically or emotionally fit to undergo surgery. His primary concern is making sure surgery is in your best interest & that you are healthy enough to have a successful recovery. Upon my 2nd visit to Dr. Campanelli, I felt 100% confident and comfortable with him and Melissa Bryant, ARNP. They both were professional, explained the procedure, and took time to answer any questions that I had. Fran B., the surgery scheduler, was polite and professional as well. The day after surgery, I knew the surgery had helped. While I am still in recovery, I am confident that I will back to normal doing the things that I love and haven't been able to do. Just like the doctor said! With that said, I did experience some frustrations when dealing with other office staff (two in particular) over the phone. They were rude and/or seemed annoyed by my questions or concerns. I will not mention names because my interactions with them over the last few weeks have been up to par. Because Dr Campanelli is such a great surgeon he is very busy. I definitely recommend him and would suggest making sure your primary care physician is aware of your decision to undergo surgery and use him/her as a back up to help answer any questions or concerns you may have after surgery. Thanks Dr. Campanelli and Melissa Bryant for helping me!!

Great surgeon. Horrible staff.

Dr. Campanelli is a great person and an even better surgeon. However, his staff negates everything positive about him. Let me just preference this by saying that I consider myself to be a nice and patient person. I work very hard in life to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. After all, we are only human. That being said, I can honestly say these are some of the rudest, laziest, and just plain mean office staff that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They blow you off without hesitation, and they could care less about you or your problems. When it comes to postoperative care, you are supposed to contact your doctor if you have any issues or questions. Good luck with that. You're lucky if you can even speak to a nurse, and they never return your messages. Looking back, I wish we would have went elsewhere. I love the doctor, but I absolutely loath his horrible staff.

best doctor in the world

save my life