Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael J Canino
Dr. Michael J Canino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Canino is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Canino has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael J Canino has the following 15 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
Dr. Michael J Canino has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Canino is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr.Canino cured me of my deep depression and extreme anxiety. He never cancelled an appointment and was always on time. It was easy to establish a relationship based on trust with him. He is kind compassionate,caring and insightful and guides his patients so that they can arrive at solutions to their problems and enable them to break through unhealthy patterns so that they can move forward in life. I highly recommend Dr. Canino He is very trustworthy and non judgemental.
Dr.Canino is an excellent pyschiatrist. He is kind and compassionate and extremely insightful.He cares deeply about his patients. In the years I have been seeing him he has never cancelled an appointment with me nor been late.He gives his undivided attention and his feedback enables the patient to arrive at an understanding of their issues and solutions to their problems so they can move forward in their lives.
Dr. Canino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMichael Justin Canino Md, 255 S 17th St Ste 2701, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Michael J Canino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.