2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael J Carella?

TERRIBLE

This doctor and his staff at MMP are terrible, you are treated as a number and not a patient. I was referred to Dr. Carella for a thyroid issue and he was quick to dismiss me, they lost my blood work, and were quick to do testing that was NOT needed at the time. during a biopsy he was very rude and the procedure was very painful but he didn't seem to care about my experience. The biopsy was done incorrectly, and my results took 3 weeks. This doctor is a joke and should not have a medical license.

"BUT"

I saw Dr. Carella for approx 3 years. While I was happy to be seeing a doctor again for my Type 1 Diabetes, I found him to be somewhat cold to talk to. I was also unhappy later when I wanted to get on an insulin pump and Dexcom cgm and how long it took to get going on them. Mainly that I saw him I believe starting in 2013 and when I changed jobs in 2015 I found out about cgms and Dexcom from my Healthcare Job, NOT from my Endocrinologist. The Dexcom had been around for at least 8 years at the time. I think maybe he is the "premier" endo in the area for TYPE 2 diabetes maybe, but I felt let down as a type 1. He was more friendly the last year or so of my time with him.

Dismissed

went to Dr Carella for a 40 minute new patient work-up and he gave me less than 5 minutes of his time in the examining room. He didn't see any need for further testing, and swiftly left the room. I asked my primary care doctor for another referral who was Dr. Riyazzuddin M.D. (endocrinologist) who is located downstairs. I have now been diagnosed with "Hypopituitarism" and a host of other endocrine disorders. Save your time and disappointment going to this doctor. I wasted my time, half day off work, 1 hour drive each way, and was "dismissed". I should have respected the reviews that were left by other patients.

REALLY?!?!

The level of disrespect, lack of even pretending to be interested, etc. is stunning. The patient is apparently not allowed to ask questions, let alone expect an answer. Disappointing, frustrating, and frankly ridiculous experience. After 3 visits I have had less than 10 min. face to face. I actually haven't gotten any help or info from this, just prescription renewals. A complete waste of time. And still feeling lousy. Thanks for nothing.

No Time for Patients

My most recent visit was an upsetting one. After trying for over a month to get an appointment I was eager to discuss my struggles and ask questions of Dr. Carella. I had prepared a list of things to share (symptoms, challenges) and questions to ask in advance. On previous visits I experienced him to be rushed, but he seemed genuinely interested in me and what was going on. On this visit he whisked into the room and began with rapid-fire questions during a (very) brief exam. He could not have been present for more than 2-3 minutes. Mid-sentence he walked out of the room leaving the door open. He did not return. When the nurse came in she said I was all set. I asked if he was done and she said yes. I couldn't believe it. I asked her to have the doctor return since I had not had a chance to share certain relevant information with him and because I had questions to ask. She gave me a pointed look and said I could ask her. I politely requested to speak with the doctor. I had less than 3 minutes of facetime and had not been able to raise any questions for discussion regarding my care. She exited and returned with a sheet of paper and said she would write down my questions. Again I asked for the doctor. Far from being sympathetic or at all understanding the nurse was downright rude. The doctor did return and was very defensive when answering my questions regarding my condition. He seemed to blame me and my general physician for not investigating my condition further even though I was at Dr. Carella's office because I have a diagnosed auto-immune disorder and was looking for guidance on self-care. I felt as though he had no interest in my suffering nor an investment in my health and well-being. I was incredulous at the treatment, the lack of professionalism and the unwillingness to partner with me in finding a cause and a solution for my symptoms which have disrupted my quality of life significantly of late. If you value a doctor who cares, who actively participates in your healthcare, and who will spend more than a cursory few minutes with you than this is not a doctor I would recommend.

Very excellent Doctor!

My experience with the Doctor are excellent. He didn't hurt me during the biopsy. Also for those who say that he can't pay attention to you. It is because he can't wear his hearing Aids all the time. I'm also a aid wearer and he was constantly asking me about my pain, etc. Excellent!

I haven't had a lot of appointments with Dr. Carella but I have been frustrated by the lack of time he seems to have to discuss my issues with me. I don't usually get time to ask any questions. My appointments seem to be about 5 minutes - he talks to me, asks a couple questions, and leaves.

Horrible Dr

He was rude and told my wife that "it must be in your head" when talking about pain and discomfort. tested her thyroid and said she was fine...come back in a year, even though test showed abnormality. We got a second option, and ended up getting thyroid removed. Guess what? Pathology found 2 different types of CANCER. She is currently undergoing treatment. Dr Carella's license should be taken away!!

Never go to him

Worst doctor we've ever seen. Doesn't have any kind of bedside manner, scares the heck out of you and seems to like that. Won't spend time with you explaining results of a scan, etc. Actually told us we would have to make another hour appointment to go over all my questions. Seriously, a horrible doctor. Please listen to this!

The staff is confused, he runs off they can't find him. They put in correct info in my chart, billing incorrect. MMP is screwed up

I have been sitting in this waiting room for 2 hours . Let front desk know I have another appt and still waiting. This office does not show any value for their patients time. They are inconsiderate of their patients , and would suggest that you look for another doctor before even walking into this office to have your time wasted.

Don't waste your money on this doctor...

He certainly gets through his appointments quickly...because he doesn't take any time with his patients. Doesn't listen, rapid fires questions and then makes a lightning decision on treatment even if you point out problems with his "verdict". An example of one of his issues: He failed to order a certain type of lab test to be done, which when done by another doctor pointed out the real culprit in my health issue. When I sent the lab to Carella he completely dismissed it. The second doctor prescribed a medication and voila, the problem was corrected.

Dr. Michael J Carella is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lansing, MI.