Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Carraher
Dr. Michael Carraher, MD, MBA is a Doctor primarily located in Post Falls, ID. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Carraher is affiliated with Kootenai Health Medical Center, Deaconess Medical Center and Kootenai Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Carraher has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Michael Carraher has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Michael Carraher has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael Carraher is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Carraher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kootenai Health Medical Center
Deaconess Medical Center
Kootenai Medical Center
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children`s Hsp
Sacred Heart Medical Center
Valley Hospital and Medical Center
Sacred Heart Medical Center
St. Joseph's Hospital of Chewelah
Kootenai Med Ctr, Coeur D Alene, Id
38 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Michael Carraher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael J Carraher MD, 925 E Polston Ave, Post Falls, ID
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Carraher in this video.
Dr. Michael Carraher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Post Falls, ID.