Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Carstens
Dr. Michael Carstens, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Saint Louis, MO. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery. Dr. Carstens is affiliated with Presb Orthopaedic Hospital, Saint Louis University Hospital and SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Carstens has the following 1 specialty
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Cleft Lip
- Cleft Palate
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Carstens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Presb Orthopaedic Hospital
Saint Louis University Hospital
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
John Muir Medical Center-Walnut Creek Campus
Presbyterian HospitalPresbyterian Orthopaedic Hospital
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Ashby Campus
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center
Children`s Hospital & Research Center at Oakland
32 Years Experience
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Michael Carstens accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Carstens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.