Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Chisner
Dr. Michael Chisner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Savannah, GA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Chisner is affiliated with Winn Army Community Hospital, Emanuel Medical Center and Memorial Health University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Chisner has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Michael Chisner has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Michael Chisner is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I came to Dr.Chisner when my cardiologist, Dr. Sylvia Crawley, Decatur, GA, retired. I was accustomed to a compassionate, caring cardiologist and office staff. I was disappointed in Dr. Chisner's care, not to mention the indifference and lack of care I received from St. Joseph's in Savannah who advertise as "The Heart Hospital". Since leaving Dr. Chisner's care, I have had three ablation procedures, 2 cardioversions, an open heart surgery to repair the valve. I was told that I suffered congestive heart failure and was in atrial fib the majority of the time. While seeing Dr. Chisner, he prescribed no meds, never put me on any type of blood thinners. Also, while under his care, my pacemaker failed. I was admitted to St Joseph's where I was grilled by Dr. Hanna who insinuated by interrogation that I drank and smoked - two things I do not and had not done. He did replace the pacemaker. The following day he left the hospital without even signing paperwork to release me to go home - Dr. Rathbun had to come in to do that. Needless to say, I was saddened and disappointed in the care I DID NOT receive and sought another cardiologist.
Dr. Chisner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Winn Army Community Hospital
Emanuel Medical Center
Memorial Health University Medical Center
Meadows Regional Medical Center Inc
St Joseph's Hospital - Savannah
Evans Memorial Hospital
St Joseph/Candler Health System
Memorial Medical Center, Savannah, Georgia
Candler Hospital, Savannah, Georgia
Memorial Medical Center
28 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions11700 Mercy Blvd, Savannah, GA
Dr. Michael Chisner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.