Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael Colancecco
Dr. Michael Colancecco, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saco, ME, with another office in Burlington, MA. He has 6 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Colancecco is affiliated with Southern Maine Medical Center. Dr. Colancecco has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Colancecco has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Colancecco is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
I had a severe case of hiccups and this fabulous young doctor showed me a neat little trick to get rid of them. It was so easy to get rid of them that it almost seemed like a magic trick. Though magical, this man is no witch doctor. His diagnosis and treatment was backed up by a well explained, scientifically correct method. Thanks DOC! Never again will I try all those silly ways to rid of hiccups!
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Colancecco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southern Maine Medical Center
6 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Colancecco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saco, ME.