Dr. Michael Cooksey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Cooksey?

Posted on April 13th, 2015

I have been with Dr Cookesy for over 10 years. He delivered my last child and is the best OB GYN in the area . He actually listens to his patients--a rare trait today. He is compassionate and an excellent OB GYN

Horrible Staff, Good Doctor

Posted on February 26th, 2013

I gave up on this doctor due to his staff. I live 45 minutes from this doctor, having obtained him while working in the area long ago. I have had 3 occaissions when I drive up to my appointments and the doctor is not there due to having left for a delivery hour ago-ish and once the office was closed for 2" of snow (I made it, but I would not have if they had the decency to inform the scheduled patients.) I cannot afford the time and the gas. I believe the office reflects the doctor, he deserves the reduced stars for the matter. One issue I have after he did a historechtemy was getting headaches when I wear pants on my waiste, somewhat loose but when I'd sit down they would bind me, doctor told me to have my clothes specially made....who can afford that??!!

Wonderful

Posted on September 23rd, 2012

Dr. Cooksey is an amazing doctor. I was recommended to him after my own OBGYN stopped practicing and I came to him when I was 8 weeks pregnant. He was caring, consideration and compassionate, never rushing me and answering all my questions. He answered things thoughtfully, always going the least invasive route. I always felt well cared for. Unfortunately, he could not deliver my daughter, but he stayed past hours at the hospital, just in case and then called to check up on me after she was born! Wonderful, wonderful doctor!

Very caring!

Posted on September 28th, 2011

I was transfered to Dr. Cooksey from the birth center due to the condition of my baby (chromosomal defect). He was 100% caring from the start and was on board with my decision to continue the pregnancy despite a poor/fatal diagnosis. He was compassionate at every visit and answered every question I had honestly. Sadly, our pregnancy did end in stillbirth but, Dr. Cooksey cancelled other appointments and came to the hospital to deliver my daughter. His caring and loving nature spoke volumes that day and the weeks following the birth. We are expecting another child and I'm thrilled to have him as my OB. I could not have asked for a better doctor!

This Dr. is Amazing!

Posted on August 12th, 2011

Dr Cooksey adopted our case as my wife was in route to the hospital already having been in labor (Water Broken for >24 hours). He monitored her progress remotely and tried everything possible before needing to perform a C Section. You can imagine how traumatized we were at the thought of having a Dr. who didn't even know us perform surgery. When he arrived, he took a few moments to reassure us and his calmness in that situation helped us to do the same. We saw him for less than an hour before and during the operation and would still rate him among one of the best doctors that we have had the opportunity (rather the need) of meeting. The post op follow up was quick and complete. Mom and baby are doing fantastic.

Horrible experience

Posted on October 15th, 2010

I called for an emergency visit and was advised I would have to wait 2 weeks to see the doctor. The reason I was given is because the doctor is extremely busy, and because I had not been to see the doctor in 2 years. So when I suggested maybe I should find another doctor the receptionist told me "Okay"...I felt that was very rude and unprofessional. What doctor does not set aside time each day for emergency visits. I will be looking into finding another GYN.

Posted on July 28th, 2010

I am about to be 70 have been to a lot of OB/GYNs in my time, but I think I like Dr. Cooksey the best, or tied with one female gyn I had in Philadelphia. He does not affect an air of ministering at a cherished font of femininity; he does not pretend to be a model of six-gun masculinity; he is perfectly natural, decent and kind. If I were planning a pregnancy, I would want him as my OB; if I needed a hysterectomy, I'd choose him as my surgeon and as I dry up and wither away, I feel very blessed that he is my GYN. only younger

Delivered both my children

Posted on August 17th, 2009

Dr. Cooksey is a caring, compassionate physician. He spent as much time as I needed with him during my two pregnancies and deliveries. He didn't just show up to deliver the baby, but spent a lot of time coaching and assuring me throughout the toughest parts.

Dr. Cooksey's wilmington Office

Posted on May 26th, 2009

Dr. Cooksey's wilmington silverside Office staff and front desk is very poor. They don't return your calls and maintain the appointment time, they do not answer your questions properly. Had bad experiences in all my visits.

Posted on June 8th, 2017