Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Creta has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael D Creta has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 5
Staff charged $25 co-pay for well visit which is 100% covered by insurance....this is an overcharge and ripoff. Pushed me off on their medical biller who has still not returned my polite calls after 3 weeks and 5 messages. The doctor does not deign to speak about such mundane matters as overcharging and refund of his staff's error and his staff is unconcerned. There are plenty of doctors in the world, think I'll go find a different one.
My Mom is extremely sick and had a 2:45 p.m. appt today they were running about 15 min late and the office person called to say they would have to wait until Thursday. What kind of office does that when they have an extremely sick patient? My Mom lives about 5 minutes from the office - whether it was the doctor's doing or is staff's doing that is very unprofessional and uncaring. What kind of bedside manner is that?
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Long Beach Medical Center
Dr. Michael D Creta accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolineast Internal Medicine, 2604 M L King Jr Blvd, New Bern, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Creta in this video.
Dr. Michael D Creta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Bern, NC.