2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael L Cusack?

great doctor and amazing staff, I've been seeing them for couple of years now and I am extremely happy with the services I've received from this place. Specially Marina who has always made time to see me with my crazy work schedule, I really appreciate all of them there.

Condition cleared

Awesome!

I'm totally happy with my experience with Dr Cusack And his staff. I would recommend them ABOVE any other in this town.

Terrible!!!!! Doctor

This was the worst doctor I have ever been to. I had this little, little thing on my leg. He wanted to remove it and had the ("young lady"guess a nurse, but looked like a teenager) agree with him. He practically begged me for him to remove it. I was a fake tanner so I just wanted him to check it. I went to a general practioner and he gave me a prescription for a 2 dollar cream and the spot disappeared. This doctor wants us to pay for g His car, boat, girlfriends, etc.

Sketchy at best

Sketchy at best! Quite surprised by the amount of profanity used by Dr Cusack. The place looks like a renovated nail salon, so maybe their thing is aesthetics, not actual dermatology care. They were friendly enough with my kids, which was nice, but I would never recommend them to anyone. Will be following up with Blue Cross to see if any Real Dermatologists can get on the preferred provider list!!

If I could give negative numbers I would. Worst doctor ever. Didn't even address what I went in for. Tried to make me get creams and prescriptios that were unnecessary. Unprofessional. Very "close" with the nurse to the point of unprofessional. Waited an hour after my appointment time then another 20 minutes in the room. He came in looked at me and made his absurd dianoses. Which was completely not what I went for. Staff was rude and uncaring. Had to take time off from work. Wasted two hours. Will never go back even though he is the only dermatologist on our insurance "preferred provider" list. I wish I would have just walked out. Steroid creams, body lotion, and anti itch pills won't make a cancerous growth go away. Should be barred from "practicing" medicine.

Spent an hour waiting to see the doctor while he paced around upstairs. After an hour of waiting I went to the front desk and said I needed to reschedule because he never came to the room! The staff didn't even come to the room to check. This was a follow up appointment. The initial appointment was a weird experience as well. Would not ever go back to this doctor.

Wort removal

Terrible experience, glad it was not serious surgery. Asked to have a wart frozen and removed from my thumb, was informed that it was too deep due to type of wart and would require surgical removal. After agreeing to have it surgically removed, returned home and removed bandage only to find he had removed a large piece of my thumb and wart was still there. I called the office to inform them of the error. Was called back immediately by Dr. He told me they would make sure insurance was not billed for the procedure. Dr. proceeded to send in the tissue removed from my thumb for cancer testing , was informed it was scar tissue even after he was informed he did not remove my wart. Spent time working with office and insurance to cancel payment. Took about 3 weeks for thumb to heal and deep wound was very painful. Now have very large scar on my thumb. Visited another Dr. who froze wart off in two 5 minute visits, almost painlessly.

Rip you off

Very bad experiance. I have no cofidence in him. I went in to check my red skin on my face. I also consulted him on one spot on my hand (this is a minor skin peel-off. I hope to get some medicine on this condition). I just asked about this as a side note, nothing really big. He glanced at it and right away decided to shave remove it. I was shocked by his decision and asked why. He did not take time to answer my question, just saying if I were his son, he would do a biopsy on it. I paid $880 to remove it just to find out it was a scare tissue. Now there is a much larger scare on my hand. And after shave-removal, he applied some brown liquid to stop bleeding and let me go without telling me how to take care of it. I asked whether I need a bandage. He told me to leave the wound exposed and air dry it and the brown liquid is the magic liquid to disinfect the wound. Now after 2 weeks, the wound has not healed yet and has a ring of purple/red infection around it, which I believe my body will take care eventually. Never going back except for complaints.

Yikes! What a mistake.

I was able to get an appointment quickly and didn't have to wait long before being seen by the Doctor. His staff was friendly, positive, and courteous but I didn't rate them well because no matter how good the people are out front, it all comes down to the Doctor. Not sure if he was having a really bad day or didn't take his happy medication that morning but I'll never go back. It's a pain to restart the referral process but I'll go through that hassle rather than deal with someone as arrogant, pompous, and discourteous as this guy. When he left in the middle of an exam for, what turned out to be a lengthy phone call, I left as well. Sure wish I could give half or no stars...Time for this old guy to retire...

Find someone else

While the front office staff was exceptional, Dr Cusack leaves a lot to be desired. I'm 50 and have never had an experience that left such a poor impression of professionalism.

Dr. Michael L Cusack is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.