Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Benson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael D Benson has the following 14 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Michael D Benson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael D Benson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I just saw Dr benson today for the second time. The first time he said some inappropriate things about his opinion on affirmative action (why that came up in the appointment I don't know) and then today he spent 2 minutes with me, demeaned me by telling me my pregnancy question was TMI, and was overall not pleasant. I don't understand this man and will never go to him again. Also the office staff are OK, slow and disorganized. Not great experience
I've been seeing Dr. Benson for over 20 yrs. I trust him and his judgment. He truly is enthusiastic about his profession. He's always very thorough and takes the time to talk about any questions and concerns I may have. His nurses are very good and professional as well. My biggest complaint is the long office wait times for schedule appointments and the often unorganized office staff.
Dr. Benson is great.He has very SMALL HANDS and has never hurt me. The office staff is and has always been a problem. They did a staffing change several years ago and got rid of some stuck up, unfriendly women. One humiliated me at the end of an appointment by treating me like a shop lifter. The staff is now better but something still seems wrong with the atmosphere. Put up with that and see this man. He is the best I have found and he will treat you appropriately.
Dr Benson is a great doctor; identified a rare skin disorder on my first visit that had eluded other doctors for years! I'd follow him anywhere. Front office staff tends to be a bit cold and snappish, and the office is dated, but if you can get past that, you'll be thrilled.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Benson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael D Benson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Center For Womens Healthcare, 720 Osterman Ave Ste 205, Deerfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Benson in this video.
Dr. Michael D Benson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Deerfield, IL.