Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael Ferrell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Ferrell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
Dr. Ferrell has been my Primary Dr. for several years. I've had some difficult times and he's always been empathetic, caring and helpful. He seems to have time for all my questions and I never feel rushed. When I've emailed him I always get a prompt response. His staff is extremely kind and caring also!
Dr. Ferrell did not read my chart and said, you were the one who had this condition and major surgery. I was not the patient he thought I was and had not had the surgery he mentioned. Shouldn't a physician read the chart even if a cursory glance? Dr. Ferrell has an attitude where he assumes patients are ignorant and do not do research prior to an office visit. He also assumes that his patients are not nutritionally inclined and is insulting. Very narrow minded and stereotypical. I would not recommend this physician to anyone because of his lack of interest in practicing medicine. Poor communication skills. Does the absolute minimum. Appears that Dr. Ferrell is biding his time and waiting for retirement which might be a long time. Obviously he abhors what he is doing and seeing patients is a necessary evil of his profession. Not detailed oriented. A very big disappoint, even for Kaiser Permanente Northwest. Other specialists are more caring at this facility. Also interested in getting the patients well and in good health. I can't say this about this general practice/internists. This physician needs a performance evaluation and his patient medical charts reviewed as he doesn't seem to even know who his patients are or even read their charts before entering the examining room. Very negative and cynical individual.
Dr. Ferrell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center
36 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions9800 SE Sunnyside Rd, Clackamas, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Ferrell, MD - Internal Medicine in Clackamas, OR, in this video.
Dr. Michael Ferrell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clackamas, OR.