Dr. Michael Henderson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Henderson?

Awful Man

This is the second bad review I've tried to give him, the first was deleted. My husband was diagnosed with CLL/SLL. Dr. Henderson gave him a round of chemo, didn't even mention adding a port, so now my husbands veins in both arms are ruined forever. He needs monthly blood tests and the techs have to get it thru his hands or feet, that is very painful!! When I asked (& made an appointment) for a family consult, he forgot the first appointment and the second his office had locked the doors and I had to pound on them & call before they let me in. Then he completely blew me off, was very abrupt and told me he know nothing of my husbands condition!!! His PA Jennifer knew and we had had an appointment with her a few weeks before, so that told me he hadn't bothered to read my husband's chart at all. He rushed me out of the office & I was so upset I cried all the way home. When I found out he left the practice I was thrilled and his new oncologist is wonderful, she actually prepares for his appointments! I understand that he left because of a lawsuit (I don't know that as a fact, but was told by another doctor from Henry Ford, it is all hush hush!)

simply the best

Most important man in my life who is not a relative! Wish I could contact him.

Sad to say he's no longer practicing

Dr. Henderson wrote me a letter explaining that he is no longer in practice since I've been trying to reach him to find his office. I had him as a hematologist 5 years ago. It breaks my heart. He was the best doctor and a really good guy. He is the doctor that found my auto immune disease that other doctors missed. He made me feel smart, and in control of my disease. And he always had the ability to make me laugh. I have no interest in finding someone new. He was a major part of the decision to move back to this side of Detroit. I'm very sad. He was one of a kind, and he went above and beyond to make me feel like I was more than just some patient. I decided to write this review to honor him since it's still listed as he is currently in practice and to notify everyone that he no longer is. Dr. Henderson will surely be missed.

Best Oncologist on the planet

The BEST doctor on the planet - PERIOD. Saved/extended our mother's life, and we are forever grateful. He is the highest standard of intelligence, professionalism, charm, and impeccable care to which all in his industry should aspire... four stars doesn't reach high enough

Dr. Henderson

Dr. Henderson is one of the best doctors I've had, he does not "Talk Down" to people he explains things that are hard to understand but dosn't use million dollar words. Great Guy!

I was diagnoised with breast cancer in 2003 and Dr. Henderson was the only person who could calm me and help me wrap my mind around my breast cancer. I always look forward to seeing him.

The caring and compassion that is given by Dr. Henderson is second to none. His expertise in the field of oncology is most reassuring as it is imperative that one feels that he/she is receiving the most knowledgeable treatment in a life-threatening illness. No one to whom I have referred Dr. Henderson has done anything but thanked me for the gift of his care and healing.

Dr. Henderson met with my mother (patient), my father and I. His expertise was evident immediately and his warmth was a wonderful surprise. I was perhaps a little confrontational (protective daughter), and he totally responded to my needs in a non-condenscending manner. He answered all of my questions and steered my toward many resources on the internet.Most important was the way he interacted with my mother. He made her feel like she was his most important patient. Although he delivered some very serious news, he did it with compassion and understanding. I am comforted by knowing he is in charge of the rough road we have ahead!

A wonderful person and outstanding doctor

Only one appt so far...

I was referred to Dr Henderson by a friend that is a nurse, and he is the FIRST doctor that treated me as a person and not a file. I will still need to see him more in the future, but I am EXTREMELY impressed with how he seems to care about my whole well-being and not just my disease. He is the first doctor that I look forward to me next visit with him!

Not interested at end of life

Not intersted - doesn't return calls, doesn't talk with family - doesn't visit patient