Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Hill has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael D Hill has the following 11 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- HIV Infections
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 11
The Dr. Hill I knew was excellent, patient & abme to get through to my son who was not easy to reach. We went 2 him for years I lost my insurance and ubfortunately the plan I have now is fir Vetersn's only. We ars seeking him out since I called The Evelyn Frye Center & he is no longer there. Best psychiatrist in this area. We would definately go to him again if we vould find him.
Starts out very passive agressive and has an extremely superior attitude. Resists any opinions from the parent and is quick to explain how the parent has no knowledge of medications or their childs reaction to them. Little to no patience for miscommunications, requests or differences in opinion. Speaks in a calm manner yet is very condecending and dismissive.
29 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Michael D Hill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsEvelyn M Frye Clinical Associates Pc, 2021 Church St Ste 800, Nashville, TN
Dr. Michael D Hill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.