Dr. Michael Lee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Lee?

Good at some things, not others

Posted on September 29th, 2017

Dr. Lee repaired a tibial plateau fracture I had in 2004. He does not specialize in trauma and probably shouldn't have done the surgery, which I realized too late. The tibial head of my left leg was almost completely detached, so I didn't exactly have time to shop around for a doctor. He tried to "build up" the lateral side of my tibial plateau and it collapsed almost immediately after surgery. I found out later a bone graft should have been used. Also, when I was in the hospital immediately following the surgery I told him I was in a lot of pain and he just said, "well, you had a bad injury." Little empathy or motivation to help with the pain. Due to the fact that he failed to use a bone graft I've been left with a crooked leg for 13 years, which has translated into problems with my hip and back, not to mention the problems with my knee itself. Dr. Lee also did an ACL reconstruction on my right leg in 2005, and that repair did very well and still continues to function well. If he sticks to what he does best, he's a good surgeon, but when he tries to do something that perhaps should be passed along to someone more specialized he is not good.

he's a 10

Posted on February 20th, 2014

Mike is simply one of the very finest doctors I have ever met. He is not only a skilled surgeon, but he is also possessed of an incredible "bedside" manner. He is a fine person; he really care about his patients and listens to them. A real gem.

Not a happy patient

Posted on May 9th, 2013

I have not been very happy with Dr. Lee. I have been a patient for nearly two years. I have had more pain after the surgery. Most of pain is believed to come from the optional 'lateral release'. It is extremely difficult to get information from Dr. Lee for treatment to prevent surgery, swelling and pain. Dr. Lee appears to me, to lean towards surgery as if it is the only solution for healing a torn menisicus or living with osteoarthritis. Seriously disappointed!

Posted on February 8th, 2017