Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Mitchell has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Sports Medicine
- Spinal Stenosis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Spinal Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
My results from my MRI showed a ruptured disc. I knew I needed surgery. Everything he told me was negative and I felt like he wasn't even confident in his own work. I asked for a second opinion referral and he tried to talk me out of it. i told him the pain medication wasn't working and he did t offer anything different. Ended up in the ER the next morning. They gave me mdication to make it until my surgery. Not personable and no bedside manner. I felt that he was not caring and ha e me no hope.
great Doctor! He corrected a back problem I had suffered with for quite awhile. He's soft spoken and easy to understand. After he releases you and you need pain management, he will have you go to physical therapy or a pain management doctor if needed. Very caring, would highly recommend him.
32 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Michael D Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates PA, 1330 Boiling Springs Rd Ste 1600, Spartanburg, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Mitchell in this video.
Dr. Michael D Mitchell is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.