Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Robinson has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael D Robinson has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Michael D Robinson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael D Robinson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been a patient of Dr. Robinson for over 10 years. He has my highest recommendation. Dr. Robinson is endlessly patient, and keeps outstanding notes about the topics we discuss. The only time he ever showed displeasure was when I did not follow instructions about a medication. Dr. Robinson usually returns calls in the evening on the day that I call, but when I let Margerie (Dr. Robinson's assistant) know that I needed to speak with him immediately, he called back between appointments. He lets his patients know ahead of time if he will be out of town, and when he will be back, and has always let me know that I could call anytime I needed to. I have seen many psychiatrists since I was diagnosed 21 years ago, and Dr. Robinson is the best doctor I have ever dealt with.
39 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
George Washington University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMichael D Robinson Md Pa, 20 Community Pl Ste 400, Morristown, NJ
Dr. Michael D Robinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.