Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael D Smith MD
Dr. Michael D Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Waconia, MN and Chaska, MN . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael D Smith has 3 locations
560 S Maple St Ste 200
Waconia, MN 55387
111 Hundertmark Rd Ste 240
Chaska, MN 55318
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael D Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael D Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Michael D Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Smith - Posted on August 30th, 2018
Dr Smith and his staff were excellent to deal with! Dr Smith is a great listener, and allows you to ask any questions you need to. I was terrified of having surgery on my neck, and he was so calm and understanding. His nurse Anne is amazing! On top of everything!! She follows through on every detail, and makes the whole process smooth. Both of them together, are a great team, and I am so happy with my surgery and my care. I would highly recommend Dr Michael Smith!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Smith - Posted on October 18th, 2017
The Best Cervical Specialist in Minnesota
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Smith - Posted on June 10th, 2013
Dr. Smith is an outstanding physician. He is by far the best cervical spine specialist in the entire upper midwest. He performed a 5 level laminoplasty on my neck for cervical stenosis. Dr Smith is one of the only spine surgeons in the country who has performed more than 500 laminoplasties. I have had no complications and my recovery is going well. If you have a problem with your neck, go see Dr. Smith.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Smith - Posted on January 31st, 2012
I went to Dr. Smith for a second opinion on some issues I was having with my neck and spine. He too recommended surgery but his bedside manner and overall personality made me switch from my first doctor to him. Dr. Smith and his team are top notch in my book and I would recommend him highly to anyone having cervical spine issues. He listens, he cares and he treats you like a human being!!!! I am healing beautifully thanks to Dr. Smith!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Michael D Smith Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Medica Ridgeview Comm Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael D Smith
Dr. Michael D. Smith is the only surgeon in the Twin Cities who focuses solely on cervical spine diseases and injuries. Having completed an intensive fellowship in cervical spine surgery, he brings twenty years of expertise to his patients' care. Dr. Smith is well known for his gentle and compassionate approach with his patients. Please visit Dr. Smith's website at: http://cervicalspinespecialists.com
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Smith, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine in Minneapolis, MN, in this video.
Dr. Michael D Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.