Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael H Davidson
Dr. Michael H Davidson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Davidson is affiliated with Northshore Skokie Hospital. Dr. Davidson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Davidson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael H Davidson has the following 31 expertise
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Coronary Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Smoking Cessation
- Nutrition Disorders
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Nutritional Support
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Body Weight
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Metabolic Syndrome X
Dr. Michael H Davidson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 6
Dr. Davidson is very friendly and approachable. He is a leader in his field and thinks of novel ways to treat patients with tricky lipid disorders. I liked him very much in the beginning, but after the year passed, he became scattered and not following through on testing needed to be done, or explaining diagnosis he had given, which since they were both dangerous and could be passed down to children or had by siblings or parents, he provided no information about the nature of this condition, or how serious it is. I only found out about it after I went to another specialist. He is likely a genius, so that this would seem atypical for him to me, but he has many other commitments outside of his U of C practice, that in my experience made his seem to not follow a good standard of care. Although he is friendly he is not a good communicator and does not answer questions in a timely manner. He can be very nice if he likes your, but if he doesn't he can turn off the charm. If you are a "do what the doc tells you type" you will get along. If you ask too many questions he will get frustrated as he would love to answer them but is honestly about to jump in his jet and fly somewhere around the world to find investors for his new company. Did he even write in your chart before the keys were out of his pocket? Maybe he has settle his new venture, and he will be a good doctor again. Ask him what you can and should expect and what not to expect from him.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Davidson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Michael H Davidson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Chicago Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael H Davidson, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Michael H Davidson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.