Dr. Michael G De La Paz Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael G De La Paz?

UNDERSTANDING & developing positive emotional responses.

One can only guess what goes on in another person's mind. However, In another online review (worst bedside manner, ever) {Health Grades} My experience was clearly similar. I kept thinking of the word "irascible", which is a word I never use. Don't talk I'll tell you what's needed. I worked in Mental Hlth. 33yrs. Plus. Communication like this is very limited to the best understanding & outcome.

Not happy

St.Johns needs to can this jerk. My original urologist, who was awesome, moved to a different hospital network. So I wound up with Delapaz for that reason. I feel humiliated and angry after every appointment. He's rude & cocky. I feel like I'm a waste of his time. When you explain how you feel or symptoms, he may as well wear a sign that says shut up bc I really don't feel like hearing you. He lacks experience in high risk surgery and will straight up tell you that, and at the same time will question other doctors decisions that are involved with me on my condition that have Tons more experience, as if those doctors are stupid. I appreciate the honesty but I really don't want him working on me! I'm finding a new doctor. He's ridiculous. I thought maybe the first visit was him just having a bad day....but its not. This is a few times now. He has the worst bedside manor of any doctor I've ever seen!

Have had recurring UTI's with pain without proper diagnosis.

DO NOT MAKE AN APPT. THERE IS A REASON HE IS ONLY DR YOU CAN SEE RIGHT AWAY!

He is a terrible doctor. No bedside manner. He was going to order another CT scan that had already been done a few weeks earlier, which he ordered, which he should have viewed results prior to the office visit, or at least while we were in the office. Very arrogant and cocky! This was a serious cancer case. Have new doctor now, but bad experience at Metro Urologist.

Exellent bed side manner. Listens to me and follows up.

He is a horrible doctor!!!

Dr. De la Paz has a horrible demeanor. He acts like you are bothering him seeing him as a doctor. When he talks to you, he stares at the wall and continually leans over and rubs his forehead like he's so over talking to you. If he didn't want to interact with other human beings he should have gone into another profession! He is down right rude. He definitely doesn't know how to talk to patients in a sensitive and caring manner. I am a young person and experiencing bladder issues is not on my list of things I want to be dealing with. So to have him walk in and start the conversation with, "well, you're young, but your bladder is old," is just plain insensitive. He ordered a bunch of tests and cost me a ton of money and didn't help me one bit. He doesn't look at the patient as a whole person. He just starts throwing tests and medications out without trying to really think about what the source of the problem is. He also starts talking about every bad problem you could possibly have and scares the crap out of you without really knowing for sure what you have. Do not go to him!!!

DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!

After a ct scan that showed some concerns my dr wanted me to see a specialist. We couldn't get into him so they had me see Dr. De La Paz. I was able to get into see him the next day. Now I understand why. He spent about 10 min in the room without doing a single test and wanted to do multiple things including surgery as well as mentioned having to do dialysis if we didn't get going in it (test prior showed everything was fine with my kidneys). After wanting to start these procedures that day I expressed my concern and politely said it was nothing personal but I would like to get a second opinion he became very rude and raised his voice stating it was wasting his time and he isn't going to play a back and forth game. Needless to say my wife and I left his office. After seeing another dr who actually listened and asked questions I was able to have an easy test done that didn't require surgery. PLEASE do your research before you see this guy! There is something to be said when he only has 2 stars. He could care less about me and I believe he just saw dollar signs that could have cost me a lot more than money.

I feel like I was another dollar sign to him. Gave a medication that was help me instead helping it made my problem worse. He did test on me which I think he should of done sooner. I will never go back to him.

Ms

Got a horrible kidney infection and vaginal infection from his nurse. She unstuck two speculum in front of me with her bare hands. Two days later I had a raging infection, went into a kidney infection. Found out I had vaginal infection. Left with symptoms that will continue for the rest of my life. Had to see a specialist, they finally told me what happened. Horrible, horrible. He was nice, but he's responsible for the practices or his staff.