Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Demers has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
He was referred by family & friend that had several successful and pleasant surgeries & experience with him. He is spent time answering my questions, his staff was efficient and courteous, all knew what they were doing. It did take a while to get an appointment, but he's worth waiting for. I'd be uncomfortable if he was too available, like a diner with an empty parking lot. Waiting room was always full, but moved along. Busy guy, but energetic & caring. Did my sisters knee 33 years ago, and she's been good ever since.
Dr. Demers did a total knee replacement for me. He is very caring and thorough. He addressed and patiently answered my MANY concerns. I am 2 weeks post surgery and doing great. Yes, I may wait a while to see him, but it is Dr. Demers who I see. I don't have to explain everything to a P.A. and hope it is conveyed properly. Thank you Doc Demers!
I have been seeing Dr. Michael Demers for a bad knee. I would recommend him to anyone having this problem. He is not quick to jump into surgery and is as down to earth as you can get. If you are looking for a physician that listens intently to you,spends the time explaining your options, and keeps you as comfortable as possible while you are making the decision regarding surgery, then he is definately the physician for you. Not to mention the years of experience he has. Knee problems are by far the most painful and I am glad he is my physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Michael R Demers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociated Orthopedists Of Detroit Pc, 50505 Schoenherr Rd Ste 120, Shelby Township, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Demers in this video.
Dr. Michael R Demers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shelby Township, MI.