Dr. Michael Dolphin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Dolphin?

Outstanding

Posted on November 9th, 2017

Dr. Dolphin and his staff are exceptionally professional and create a reassuring environment. Dr. Dolphin treated my two compressed fractures and then performed surgery for stenosis. At no time did I feel that I was not his top priority. He answered questions and used my x-rays to discuss my fractures and surgery. The day of surgery Dr. Dolphin reassured me about the procedure before I went into the operating room and then again during preparation for surgery. Again another outstanding staff. Most important is that after 5 years of pain, shots, and physical therapy I am pain free. Thank you, Dr. Dolphin.

No more leg pain

Posted on October 27th, 2017

Dr. Dolphin performed a microdiscectomy on my lower back. I was home the same day. After a few days of rest, I was back almost to 100%. My leg pain was gone from day 1. Truly a great experience with Dr. Dolphin. I couldn't be happier.

A New Lease on Life!!

Posted on October 9th, 2017

During the past year, I had gotten so that I could no longer participate in the activities I enjoyed and could not even walk very far. I consulted Dr. Dolphin in August. He was very thorough and very kind. We decided on a lumbar laminectomy and on August 28, her preformed the surgery. I remained in the hospital overnight, recovered at home for the next couple of weeks and then began physical therapy. By Sept. 24, I was hiking with my family in the Smoky Mountains! My family, friends and I were all amazed at my recovery. (And I'm 67 years old!) I highly recommend Dr. Dolphin and his staff for anyone considering this surgery. Thank you again, Dr. Dolphin. I have many more adventures in my future, thanks to you! Holly Parmer Maquoketa, Iowa

microdiscectomy

Posted on September 24th, 2017

I had a microdiscectomy done by Dr Dolphin in August. He did an amazing job and I had instant relief! He was also very helpful with any and all questions I had. I highly recommend him!!

Recent laminectomy

Posted on September 23rd, 2017

I had a laminectomy to remove a spur and a cyst from my lower back that were causing pain in my right thigh. It's been less than 2 weeks and I have no pain at the site or in my leg. He is an excellent surgeon and has a very comforting bedside manner. He is cordial, ready to listen to his patients' concerns, and very reassuring. His demeanor and smile made me feel confident and unafraid going into surgery. I give him an A+. Thank you, Dr. Dolphin.

Posted on September 18th, 2017

This past Spring Dr. Dolphin diagnosed my back problem explaining how the problem could be corrected with surgery. He operated on my back with excellent results. He is an asset to the Quad Cities.

PAIN FREE & VERY SATISFIED PATIENT

Posted on July 13th, 2017

I had a good sized cyst and two bone spurs removed at L3/4. Before surgery with Dr. Dolphin, I had pain down my left leg and lower back pain every day. Two weeks after surgery, I had my staples removed and was feeling great. I am now able to walk without pain and can increase my exercise level.

Excellent experience

Posted on May 16th, 2017

I had Cervical Fusion on C5-C6 and C6-C7 discs - bulging discs - I had a constant pain in my wrist, elbow and shoulder blade - tingling in my left arm that would feel like it was asleep for 10 minutes at a time and numbness in my fingers. This went on for 2 years and I finally decided I had enough when driving in a car for 6 hours made it unbearable pain and unable to sleep for days. Went to Dr. Dolphin from a recommendation from my general doctor and from reading reviews (like this one). It has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I feel great no pain, no tingling and have full functionality in my arm. The surgery was about two hours, had no pain after just soreness - went extremely well. The incision was small and my friends don't either know it's there. Dr Dolphin was amazing, how will walk you through every step with ease. An expentional surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone - this includes his staff! Best decision I have ever made!!

Very Very Good Doctor and Team

Posted on January 11th, 2017

I had herniated a disc in my neck at work and Dr.Dolphin and his team are extremely nice and compassionate. What struck me first was that Dr. Dolphin wanted to try conservative treatment first( physical therapy, epidural injections), that was one of the things that I liked best, the open and honest truth. I trust Dr. Dolphin and his team 100% have never had an issue with scheduling. I had a 1 level acdf done C-5&C-6. The explanation of possible dangers and possible positive outcomes were detailed and all questions that myself and my wife had were answered truthfully, How do I know they were being truthful? Everything they said may happen on the positive side has happened and the follow up treatment is going just as they said it would go. I would 100% recommend Dr. Dolphin for neck or spine issues and would also recommend plaza physical therapy as well, as it is tailored to the specific individual via physical therapist and the doctor so each individual is not the same as the next

Highly Satisfied Patient

Posted on December 10th, 2016

I had a microdiscectomy. I had been having a lot of pain in my right leg. Since the surgery 99% of the time I am pain free. This is at 9 days after surgery. I expected a lot more pain than I have been having. I quit prescription pain meds after 4 days. Dr Dolphin took a lot of time to explain the procedure , what to expect, recovery time, etc. Dr. Dolphin and his staff answered my questions anytime I called. Nurse called day after surgery, doctor called 2nd day after surgery. Everyone I had contact with, office, operating room and points in between was very friendly, knowledgeable and concerned about how I was doing.

Totally satisfied

Posted on November 10th, 2016

First of all, his staff is so friendly and helpful. This makes for a positive experience. I was in extreme pain on my first visit and they were caring and understanding. Dr. Dolphin is very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns. I was amazed at just how quickly my pain disappeared. As I woke up in the hospital bed I noticed my chronic pain was gone. Dr Dolphin was honest prior to the procedure, telling me there are no guarantees, which I understood, but I highly recommend him based on my success. I was impressed at how minimally invasive the procedure was. I had a cervical fusion and to see x rays of the plate, screws and block that were placed on/ between my vertebrae, and then see the tiny scar left from where he went in, to me is amazing. I also want to note that I was not rushed to have surgery. My initial visit consisted of Dr Dolphin explaining the course of action. I tried physical therapy which did help temporarily. The next step was a series of epidural injections. My experience with these was not favorable, but only because they didn't give me relief. The injections were not painful and I would recommend them if physical therapy doesn't work for you. Everyone's experience will be different but I'm confident I made the correct choices for my situation based on the knowledge and skills of Dr Dolphin and his staff.

Surgery for L4 and L5

Posted on November 9th, 2016

Dr. Dolphin is a 10 on a scale of 5. Another surgeon wanted to send me to a well known hospital 50 miles away from home because "it was beyond his expertise". I had a second option with Dr. Dolphin in my hometown two days later and he scheduled me for "out patient" surgery. Upon return to my home I climbed my stairs with no help. I am recommending Dr. Dolphin to all my friends and family. I even have one of my other physicians scheduled for an appointment. This was not laser surgery...It's been 7 weeks and I have no pain and I'm back to exercising and walking my dog daily. Thank you Dr. Michael Dolphin.