Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Drinnan
Dr. Michael J Drinnan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Mateo, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Drinnan is affiliated with Seton Medical Center and Mills-Peninsula Medical Center. Dr. Drinnan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Drinnan has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Michael J Drinnan has the following 11 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Exam
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
Dr. Michael J Drinnan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Drinnan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I totally agree with some of the negative opinions on other web sites: long-time waiting, but only a few seconds to see him. He could not figure out my problem, but prescibed very expensive medicines, which cost Aetna thousands of dollars. I also checked out his record at the San Mateo County Court House web site and he has been sued several times. I for one will be finding another eye doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Drinnan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Graduated in 1982
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael J Drinnan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsPeninsula Eye Physicians, 101 S San Mateo Dr Ste 310, San Mateo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Drinnan in this video.
Dr. Michael J Drinnan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.