Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael E Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 54
I was referred to this doctor by my primary care doctor because his office is close to my home. The staff were nice people. Wait time was 30 minutes. When I finally met Dr. Cohen, he appeared uninterested and nonchalant. He did not want to look at my MRI scans, but I insisted. He was annoyed by the large amount of images in my MRI cd, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. After he reviewed them, he told me everything looks normal, and "it's one of those things." Implying that my migraine is a mystery and there's nothing he can do. In the end, he did not give me any advice or solutions, I had to ask him what my next steps are, and he said drink the prescription pills. I've been suffering from a relentless migraine headache for over a month now, including neck and shoulder aches. OTC medicines do not work. I came looking for help and this is what I get...no advice or solutions...this doctor left me feeling hopeless. He needs to work on his bedside manners.
I've been seeing Dr.Cohen for several years, after developing several neurological issues during a pregnancy. Sometimes you may have to wait ( AT EVERY DOCTORS OFFICE) but once he comes in to see you, he will be attentive and caring and not leave until either a resolution has been found or plan has been made...He has answered his phone many times at absurd hours when I experienced strange sensations and needed his medical advice regarding urgent care...never found a doctor who actually cares for his patients the way Dr.Cohen does. He has always been there for me in need and squeezed me in to busy schedules. No doctors experience will feel great ( BC YOU HAVE A PROBLEM) but having answers and treatment options definitely makes me leave happier than I was going in...
Copious note taker, but is cold mannered and dismissive of complaints and concerns. Didn't try very hard to find answers or solutions . Told me my falling from a height of 18 feet backwards would have certainly caused brain damage but it wasn't in his notes when it came time for discovery in my workers compensation suit and that led to me losing my case. The last time I saw him he simply said "maybe you're becoming demented" without any explanation. I won't ever go back there again.
43 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Michael E Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael Cohen Md, 24 Onville Rd Ste 205, Stafford, VA
Dr. Michael E Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stafford, VA.