Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael E Kan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have had experiences with arrogant Dr's before but this guy takes the cake. I'm glad some of you out there have had a positive experience with Dr Kan, mine...not so much. Unsufferable wait times, rude and dissmisive personality, zero compasion or bedside manner and seems like he is making up diagnosis to keep a person coming back for more and more wasted office visits and uneccessary tests. I've read other posts about his staff but I have not had bad experiences with them. I will say that if you have ever seen Dr Kan interact with his staff, by screaming at them and demeaning them them in front of patients, that I could understand why the staff may come off as testy. One star is a stretch!!
I trust him with my life-he is worth the wait! Would not see anyone else!!
Dr Michael Kan is like Dr House (TV) He is arrogant & does not apologize for being 1 1/2 hrs late, but he is brilliant. If you want an accurate diagnosis & treatment , he is awesome. He has a sick sense of humor but underneath that thick skin , he is compassionate & explains everything in detail. He is sooo funny once you get to know him -you will love him & no other doc compares to his expertise!! He knows everything!!
I agree with everyone else's comments. The office was dirty and a mess. Long waits and if you ask questions about your results or try to explain your medical history he becomes rude, condensending and makes inapproriate remarks. I have never left his office feeling like I accomplished anything. The only "good" appointment I had was my very first visit in which he was very accomodating assuring me he would be a good choice for my primary care physician. After many dissapointments... The final straw for me was when he refused to talk to me on the phone on a Friday after an MRI report stated a tumor was found...I didn't want to worry all weekened and just wanted some general information as I didn't understand all the medical terms on the report...he told the nurse to tell me it was common and If I wanted information I could make an appt for the following week. No interest in helping to ease my concern. I had already had a physcial scheduled for the following Tuesday so I decided to wait until then. I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes then was brought in the room for another 45 minutes. I finally walked out and asked the nurse "where is Dr. Kan it's been over an hour?". She advised me that she would "call" him. He wasn't even in the building!!!!! She called him and he advised he would be another 30 minutes or so. That was it for me and I left. Un-acceptable but consistant with how Dr.Kan and his staff treat patients ....Dont waste your time!
Dr. Kan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Michael E Kan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael E Kan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.