Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael E Schwartz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 37
I had almost the same exact experience as the other patient with problems with Dr. Schwartz's hemroid banding. I was in excruciating pain during the procedure in the office and in unnecessary pain and discomfort after the procedure. I too had to go back to the office one hour after the banding because I could barely walk due to my body naturally curling up in a fetal position from the emence pain, not to mention, he misplaced the banding because he does not use a scope (he goes in blind and feels around with his hand and attaches the band). This had a potentially dangerous effect on me because I could not urinate. When I went back, as I mentioned, an hour later, he was infuriated, annoyed, and arrogant. He aggressively loosend the banding and told me that he put it in the right place. Again, I never felt so much pain in my life. He too told me that there was nothing more he could do for me. the kind nurse let me clench her hand, I was dizzy and in shock from the pain that I almost passed out. The pain lasted for more than 3 days. I am disgusted. Dr. Schwartz is, by far, the worst, most thoughtless careless doctor I have ever dealt with. His inexperience with banding lead me to complications and unnecessary pain and suffering.
33 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Michael E Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Consultants Of Stuart, 1141 SE Indian St Ste 102, Stuart, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael E Schwartz in this video.
Dr. Michael E Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stuart, FL.