• 3rd Party Reviews

42 total reviews

• view full reviews

Have you seen Michael Elman?

Wonderful Retina Specialist

Dr. Elman is the best at what he does!!! If you have problems with your retina, he is definitely the person to see. I have macular pucker and I have been seeing Dr. Elman for a couple of years now. He and his staff are great.

It is always a nice ..

It is always a nice experience at the Elman Retina Group.

Love coming here!..

Love coming here!

The staff is very fr..

The staff is very friendly and caring and Dr. Elman is wonderful. We feel very comfortable that we are getting the best treatment and we are grateful to Dr Elman for saving my vision.

Never have I had a b..

Never have I had a bad experience here, the photographer could even communicate with me in Greek, made me feel more comfortable and at ease.

Dr Elman 's office staff was extremely accommodating to all of my needs. From the ease of scheduling to taking care of all the necessary paperwork, to the testing that was done before seeing your almond, and then after seeing Dr Elman and making sure that everything was okay, it was just all amazing. Dr Elman himself, was very helpful, compassionate, and thoroughly explained everything to me. Due to him, my eyesight was saved. I highly recommend going to him.

I cannot say anything bad about the care that this doctor provides because I am only the caregiver of one of his patients. I would like to criticize the outrageous wait times of this office. We always are there for over 2 hours and have been for as long as 4. Approx. 15-20 minutes of this time is spent with the doctor. Most of the patients in this practice are elderly people and I think it's not right to make them wait this long. You have to wonder if this doctor just has too many patients.

Doctor's Response

You are welcome to refer to our website at elmanretina.com to learn about the retina exam. Patients with retina problems require multiple steps until they can be examined and treated by the doctor. The history must be taken, the vision and pressure measured, the pupils checked and the peripheral vision screened. Then they are given dilating drops that can take 30 to 45 minutes to work fully. Almost all retina patients need to be dilated. Most patients (diabetics, age related macular degeneration, etc.) require ancillary diagnostic testing such as fluorescein angiography which requires an intravenous injection of fluorescein dye and then imaging with photography. This test alone can take 20 minutes. Then they are examined with all the test by the doctor and if treatment is required, such an intravitreal injection, this is given next. However, the patient must first be consented and then numbed with anesthetic drops and prepped with Betadine drops. Thus, two hours is not unreasonable for such a complete workup, evaluation and treatment. We tell our patients verbally and in writing what to expect at each visit and aim to provide "one stop shopping" where all needs can be provided at one visit. For a new patient visit, where more thorough testing and evaluation is typically needed, it will take longer - up to three or four hours. Again, patients are informed in advance. Finally we pay careful attention to logistics. Our waiting times and total office times compare favorably with any retinal practice in the country and are significantly less than some our more famous colleagues downtown. We are in the midst of a Press Gainey survey of our performance and will use the data from this survey to further improve our service to our patients.

Michael Elman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rosedale, MD.