Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Eslava has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Knee Disorders
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
Dr Eslava is very intentitive. He doesn’t only tell you what the issue is but also shows you with X-rays etc. he makes sure you understand what’s happens and give you options of which treatment would be the best etc. he’ll remain our doctor for many years. I’d trust him with my health as well as my families.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Eslava is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
William Beaumont Army Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Eslava accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMobile Surgery Center, 6144 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Eslava in this video.
Dr. Michael A Eslava is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.