- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael F Brooks DO
Dr. Michael F Brooks, DO is a doctor primarily located in Brighton, MI. Their specialties include Addiction Medicine, Family Medicine and Psychiatry.
Dr. Michael F Brooks has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Michael F Brooks has the following 0 expertise
Dr. Michael F Brooks Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
More about Dr. Michael F Brooks
Dr. Brooks has been on the drug addiction treatment staff with Brighton Hospital since July 2001, serving initially as the Medical Director. Dr. Brooks is also a consultant for the Michigan Healthcare Professionals Recovery Corporation and the Physician Well-Being Committee with St. Joseph Mercy Health System. He is actively involved in the education of students and health professionals at the University of Michigan Medical School, University of Detroit Mercy College of Health Professions and Wayne State University. Dr. Brooks also is an active speaker on addiction and dual diagnosis. Because of the expertise and commitment of Dr. Brooks and the rest of the Brighton drug addiction treatment professionals, our programs are mending lives. Our multidisciplinary team of alcohol and drug abuse experts know that chemical dependency is a disease not a weakness. We pledge to treat every patient with compassion, dignity and clinical excellence, because this is how you deserve to be treated. We know this because many of our drug addiction treatment staff are also in recovery, or are adult children of alcoholics. Approximately one-half of Brighton's employees came to us first for our alcohol and drug abuse programs, before joining our medical team. Every Brighton Hospital addiction treatment professional receives annual service excellence training. This is reflected by patient satisfaction scores exceeding 90 percent. Plus, having established Americas first Fellowship in Addiction Medicine in a clinical setting, we lead the nation in education for a variety of drug abuse programs. In addition, we help expand the understanding and knowledge of substance abuse through regular rotations of nursing, medical and social work students. These are some of our unique advantages in guiding our patients to recovery. Welcome to hope. Welcome to the treatment programs at Brighton Hospital.