2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael J Fairfax?

I have been a patient of Dr. Fairfax for six years. All of my R.A. needs have been met. He is thorough, any efficient. I would recommend him to everyone.

concerned reader

I have read some of these reviews and was in the office when someone refused to present their card. Why would you come unprepared? Every office I go to asks for my insurance cards ( have 2) , copay and some ask for photo ID. I am glad to provide what they need to obtain good care. It seems odd that anyone would go to a dr. and not be willing to present what is required. It would be like going to a grocery store without money or being upset that you can't get on an international flight because you "forgot" your passport. The key here is take responsibility and arrived prepared.

Stay far away from this place!

If I could put -5 stars I would. I work in healthcare and understand how things should really go for patients. This Drs office has the collective empathy of a nat. I drove 40 minutes for an appt and arrived10 minutes earlier than requested. I forgot my insurance card which the office has on file and can access online, so in spite of me being in horrible pain, I was denied seeing the dr unless I spent and hour and a half driving home and back to get my ins card. To be honest I did not have high hopes this dr would help me anyhow because he ran a myriad of tests, never contacted me about the results, then just instructed me to come back in 2 months without any treatment in spite of the pain. I can only recommend people stay away from this Dr even if you are desperate.

Doesn’t deserve the 1 star.

Ive been diagnosed and treated for years. Because of job and insurance change I needed a new doc. I waited 4 months for an appointment. He felt my hands and said I had mild swelling, but he wasn’t convinced it was RA. I could barely walk that day. I told him who my old RA doc was and he was impressed. He told me to get X-rays and blood work done and come back in 2 month. He asked no questions and gave no care. I’m mad my insurance paid him at all.

I have been with out psoriasis medicine for almoat 2 months. Between himself and office staff they are the worse people to deal with. Poor or no communication. It seems lime they don't care. I would not recommend Dr. Fairfax to anyone.

Worse Dr on the planet. Reverse diagnosis and lies.

Mrs

Horrible, no other word. The Dr was ok and professional. In his words "I don't know" his Profesional diagnosis. Which didn't really bother me I thought he was honest and we'll wait for results. But getting an appointment. 3 month wait and the staff was just unbareable. Specially the receptionist, most rude I have ever has to deal with. Do not recommend this place at all. And the fact that you have to figure out where to get the testa done cause they don't even take blood samples is a complete NO. Don't waste your time honestly.

While I believe the doctor meant well, he did not give me any diagnosis for my recurrent pain. He seemed a better doctor for someone who has rheumatoid arthritis or something easy to diagnosis with a blood test. So much for an auto-immune problem.

Thorough, caring, compassionate, follows through.

Helpful doctor, listens well.

Horrible beyond belief

Where to begin? My records were faxed to them, but they clearly had not read them. Doc and PA gave me no straight answers. I soon got the feeling I was not in the room with them. They said they didn't have my MRI interpretation, so I went to my car & got it. The receptionist gave me some lab work to do & said I could have a follow-up in TWO MONTHS. I told her I could hardly walk, was hoping for a diagnosis, & need the first available. I guess 3 weeks is better than 2 months, right. Avoid this practice.

not happy with this doctor

It is hard to get scripts from this Doctor you have to go back to his office to pick them up as he will not mail them to you also For 1st vist it is so hard to get appointment as you doctor who is referring needs to send your last 3 mos vists to dr 's office for review --before he will even make an appointment for you to come in --then you have to be able to get his staf--to call you for such an appointment he is booked months in advance and if there is such a s thing as a wait list I have never gotten a call from it!

Dr. Michael J Fairfax is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.