Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael E Fastenberg
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Smithtown, NY. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Fastenberg is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital and North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Fastenberg has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg has the following 11 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
The office environment where this doctor works is nice and updated, the wait ins't wasn't that long either, but don't expect to actually talk to the guy after the wait. Doctor saw me for 2 minutes (not exaggeration) to talk about all medication's I already knew about. He then would not answer my questions and rushed out of the room!!! One of my important questions was the expense of the medication he put me on. Since I got no answer, it was too pricy for me to pick up and I couldn't. I was a new, first time patient and he did not even say hello or goodbye!! I will NOT be returning or recommending.
The wait is ridiculously long. He rushes through my appointment (I see him for just about 5 minutes... after waiting about 40). He doesn't particularly listen to me. My skin has only gotten progressively worse since starting going to this office. My skin, literally has NEVER been worse in my entire life and I'm 26. This shouldn't be happening. I was told a procedure they were doing was free (they charged me $120) and they push you to buy all the products in their spa. I thought I was going to a doctor and not the home shopping network set. Be a doctor. Not a salesman.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fastenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMARINA I PEREDO MD PC, 260 E Main St Ste 208, Smithtown, NY
Dr. Michael E Fastenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.