Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Fermo
Dr. Michael J Fermo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Fermo is affiliated with Aurora Behavioral Health Care. Dr. Fermo has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Fermo has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 34
I WAS HAVING TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS FROM A MEDICATION; GEODONE… AGITATION, HOSTILITY AND CONFUSION… HE INSISTED I STAY ON THE MEDICATION AND WOULD NOT PRESCRIBE AN ALTERNATE. HE IS VERY ARROGANT AND INSISTED I CONTINUED WITH MEDICATION AND REFUSED TO TREAT ME IN THE FUTURE. I HAD JUST WAS RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL AND NORMALLY WITH NEW MEDS APPOINTMENTS ARE WITHIN 1 MONTH. HE SIDE HE NO LONGER WANTED TO TREAT ME BECAUSE I ASKED FOR AN ALTERNATION MEDICATION.
I have been seeing Dr Fermo for more than 10 years. My insurance changed and my new insurance was not contracted with him. I was devastated. For 2 years I struggled and went through a minimum of 6 other providers. None of which I felt comfortable talking to. My insurance changed again and I learned that he accepted my new insurance. I don't ever want to see another psychiatrist. He is absolutely the best. I would recommend him to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Fermo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Perpetual Help System
Graduated in 1992
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Michael J Fermo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Fermo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.