Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Fortunato has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Fortunado was my primary care physician from childhood until I moved away after college. He always listened to me(not just my list of symptoms) and I went on to get my education in the medical field in part because I looked up to him so much.He was always able to make me feel heard and respected and make everything "all-better"-just as GREAT doctors are supposed to do. I only wish that now I could find another primary care physician that I trust with my life as I trusted Dr. Fortunato. To me, he will always be Dr. Mike. Thank you:)
Dr. Fortunato is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Michael A Fortunato accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNaval Hospital-Beaufort, 1 Pinckney Blvd, Beaufort, SC
Dr. Michael A Fortunato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaufort, SC.