Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Fowler has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Fowler has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Michael J Fowler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 18
After having a very hard time with doctors not listening to me and not knowing how to treat my pituatary gland tumor, it was a great relief to finally get my questions answered by Dr. Fowler. He is hands down the best doctor I have ever seen. He listens and is very knowledgable. After years of dealing with the unknown he finally put ease to my situation. We need more doctors like him. I felt like he actually cared about my well being. I always feel safe in his care. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Fowler is an amazing doctor - he truly cares about his patients and gives them his undivided attention when seeing them. He is an excellent doctor. He is very easy to talk with and takes his time explaining the answers to your questions. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 Medical Center Dr, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Fowler in this video.
Dr. Michael J Fowler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.