Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Frierson
Dr. Michael A Frierson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA, with another office in Walker, LA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Frierson is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Frierson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
He did not listen to me or my daughter and was very insensitive. She tried to tell him that she couldn't put weight on her foot, but he insisted that she should. He even belittled me (her mother) for having her hop around (not put weight) on it for the weekend. He gave her a walking boot, told her to put weight on it. She tried that night and fell, injuring her hand. Upon return, another doc discovered it was a damaged perennial sensory nerve - the one that makes your foot "fall asleep". It is a very painful injury and has been further damaged because Dr. Frierson did not properly diagnose and treat. Because she trusted him and tried to put weight on it, she is suffering greatly and may even need surgery or have permanent damage!
My family found this doctor to be rude and dismissive. He spent as little time as possible with my daughter and never answered any of our questions. He appeared totally uninterested in her. After he recommended a really very aggressive plan of treatment, we went for a second opinion and confirmed what we had begun to suspect - that there was nothing wrong with her and she didn't need further treatment.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, even if it means driving to another city to see someone else.
Dr. Frierson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Frierson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Frierson in this video.
Dr. Michael A Frierson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.