Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Fitzgerald is Wonderful!! I wouldn't go anywhere else! I origanlly went with a midwifery while pregnant with my son and after they didn't do tests I was sent to the doctors for a sevre case of Preacclamsia and I was rushed in for an emergency C-section and he was my doctor constant kept me informed and was by my side 120%. He made me feel so comfortable even through I had such a hard time. Afterwards I wouldn't stop bleeding so he brought me back and fixed me all up. He was just a terrific doctor!!!
I went to dr Fitzgerald per my doctors recommendation. I knew going in that he didn't have a great bedside manner and that was acceptable to me. Things that were not acceptable include him pressuring me from 38 weeks on to have an induction sometimes very forcibly. He even let me know babies just get fatter after 38 weeks no joke this pressure would have made me choose a different doctor if he had been upfront but I discussed that I did not want to be induced from my first appointment on and he said he was fine with it. Next I believe I contracted staph from his office I had what looked like large pimples on my butt. I asked and insisted multiple times that he check them out some were very large he said it was just acne. This led to a very serious staph infection post birth. Lastly because I could go on forever he got mad when I came into the hospital in labor ( acted like I was faking until my water broke) and repeatedly tried to hook me up to pitocin to speed things along. I said no and he told me he has a life and family too and he doesn't want to be in the hospital all night. To demonstrate why this attitude is unforgivable I went into labor at 1 pm and delivered that day at 4:30 pm I needed no help very terrible experience will never return for any reason.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Locations & DirectionsAurora Womens Healthcare, 2490 S Woodworth Loop Ste 200, Palmer, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald in this video.
Dr. Michael G Fitzgerald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palmer, AK.