Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael G Martin
Dr. Michael G Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Southaven, MS. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Methodist South Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael G Martin has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael G Martin has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Dr. Michael G Martin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
I have been well pleased with Dr. Martin and his staff. I have been a patient of his for a year now. When I first became his patient he told me what I was facing .my diagnoses did not look good, but, he said he could help me, but,(it's up to God).I really did appreciate that, knowing he could help me, but ,also knowing it was up to God. I thank God for such a doctor's. I am doing good, and praying for a long life.
The reality of all things pertaining to cancer and its treatments, one should suspend their selfish thoughts and their "its all about me" attitudes and consider the amount of patients and their individual diagnosis that Dr. Martin as well as the others involved in our treatments have to deal with. As most cancer patients enter the battle against cancer they are faced with the unknown, the fear and the out come. I was IV stage esophageal cancer and my #s were not good. Dr. Martin is straight forward, concerned and puts forth 110% of what he knows and who he knows to provide the best treatments and help can to his patients. Not everyone will be a survivor and I know that works on a lot of ones feelings when they lose a loved one. All in all, you have to be a special man to do what Dr. Martin does day in and day out. I am living proof of his abilities and efforts. Being a good patient is the beginning of having a good Doctor. Team work wins battles. Thank You Dr. Martin for saving my life over two years ago.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Michael G Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael G Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.