Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael G Newman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient of Dr. Newman for many years. I chose Dr. Newman on a friend's recommendation. Her daughter was in her early twenties and experiencing severe gastric issues but none of the doctors she saw thought it could be cancer due to her young age. Dr. Newman diagnosed colon cancer, and she was treated. Her mother told me that Dr. Newman saved her daughter's life. That was enough for me! Dr. Newman is an excellent diagnostician, compassionate, and thorough. Through the years I have praised Dr. Newman to family and friends. What prompted me to write this review is a recent event - a health issue that is unrelated to my gastric system. While at an office visit with Dr. Newman he became concerned with a persistent cough and the type of cough that I was experiencing. He asked for my permission to contact my primary care doctor to include a diagnostic test for this. Because of his noticing the whole person, and not just the area of his specialty, a situation was uncovered that would have gone undiagnosed and treated. He also went above and beyond during my recent visit to ask me about this condition. He listened intently and saw that I was so confused on what path to take. He took the time to help me find a specialist in this field. I, nor my family and friends can believe that there is a physician in today's hectic world who is so caring to do this. Dr. Newman is not only an excellent physician, but a kind and compassionate person. By the way - his office staff are very pleasant and helpful. His nurse, Karen always gets back to me in a timely manner and is compassionate and caring. It is nice to have a positive doctor's office experience from start to finish.
I have been a patient of Dr.Newman for 15 yrs.He IS the modern day Marcus Welby! The office and staff is amazing!Somehow they have manged to keep the feeling for us patients that we are valued and important.I always remember the first day I went to the office,My stomach had been sick and I was scared and felt like it would never end.The Dr. Said "dont worry,we are going to get you feeling better".It took a few weeks of trying different meds and times of day,but I got better! Karen the most wonderful caring nurse ever,had me call her any amount of times i needed to during that period to adjust the meds.Who does that?Everyone in this office!Dr. Newman is a brilliant doctor with a great personality and a compassionate nature.My husband and I are so lucky to have these rare people taking care of us.I only wish there were many more like him!
Dr. Newman is an excellent GI doctor. He spends a lot of time both listening and asking questions during a visit.(During one of my many endoscopy procedures at the hospital,I asked the nurses(all over 50 yrs) who they went to and they said "Dr.Newman") I greatly appreciate his knowledgeable and pro active approach.
30 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Regents Of U Of M Umh University Of Michigan Hospital
Dr. Michael G Newman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Gi, 100 Cummings Ctr Ste 107C, Beverly, MA
Dr. Michael G Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly, MA.