Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Sheehan
Dr. Michael Sheehan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sheehan is affiliated with Crouse Hospital, St Joseph's Hospital Health Center and University Hospital Hsc Syracuse. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Sheehan has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Sheehan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Hospital Health Center
University Hospital Hsc Syracuse
Crouse Health Hospital
Suny Health Science Acute Care
29 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1984
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Michael Sheehan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1200 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Sheehan in this video.
Dr. Michael Sheehan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.