Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael T Galloway has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael T Galloway has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
Dr. Michael T Galloway is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Galloway - Posted on August 18th, 2016
Dr. Galloway is an intelligent, highly trained cardiac specialist, who cares a lot about his patients, and treats them accordingly. We have the highest regard for him, and have recommended him to others .
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Galloway - Posted on November 17th, 2015
Dr Galloway is the most compassionate, skilled doctor my family has ever been involved with. He treated my mom lovingly and with great respect for many years. We trusted Dr. Galloway completely. He would often call my mom to see how she was doing. When she was dying, he came to our house and spent time with us. He held my mom and talked with her. He always listened to our concerns and suggestions. He would laugh with my mom and she adored him. He truly put a sparkle in her life and kept her living a long and happy life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Galloway - Posted on November 4th, 2015
After 18 years it's difficult to imagine NOT going to Dr. Galloway. It's interesting that there are ANY even slightly negative reviews about him! The staff turnover is high, I think, but I've never been rudely treated. Dr. G however spends time with YOU...the person...not some 'next name' on a chart. Over almost 2 decades of experience with him and MANY of his patients, the opinion of him by all of us has been uniformly superior.Kind, smart, current, professional, collaborative...what's not to love?
The doctor gets the stars; the staff should get the door.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Galloway - Posted on April 23rd, 2014
Dr. Galloway is personable, thoughtful, and thorough. Unfortunately the quality stops there. The arrival and check in process makes TSA security at the airport seem pleasant by comparison. There is ZERO privacy in the waiting room when the PA's do their cattle call to take you to the exam room, where I typically wait another 30-45 minutes to be seen. Trying to contact a physician is virtually and literally impossible. I made a recent call to follow-up on their blown schedule and the staffer who answered the phone didn't even know who the MD's assistant was. Sad, sad, sad. I would give the staff no stars if it were possible.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Galloway - Posted on May 13th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Michael T Galloway Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael T Galloway
Dr. Michael T. Galloway was raised in Northern California. He attended Georgetown University where he received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology and a Masters Degree in Physiology. He then attended Georgetown University Medical School where he was elected into the AOA Medical Honor Society. Dr. Galloway did his Internal Medicine residency at New England Deaconess Hospital/Harvard Medical School and subsequently completed his Cardiology Fellowship at University of California, Davis Medical Center. He also, completed a separate Echocardiography Fellowship at UC Davis. He joined Cardio-Pulmonary Associates Medical Group in 1997. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine and has an advanced certification in Echocardiography. Dr. Galloway is married and has three children.
Locations & DirectionsCARDIO PULMONARY ASSOCIATES MEDICAL GROUP INC, 30 Garden Ct, Monterey, CA
Dr. Michael T Galloway is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Monterey, CA.